Maternity cargo pants are an essential piece in any pregnant woman's wardrobe. With maternity clothing available in so many fashionable styles, cargo pants are one item that doesn't seem to ever go out of style.
About Cargo Pants
While cargo pants were initially associated with military battledress, these pants became a fashion trend in the 1990s with styles for both men and women. Old Navy was one of the first retailers to popularize this style of pants - a military-type trouser with numerous pockets. From baggy to tight, low-rise to capri, and all colors (including the oh-so-military camouflage), there are truly cargo pants for any person - including pregnant women.
As with many maternity styles, however, getting fashion in line with styling that can accommodate a growing waistline has been a slow process.
Maternity Cargo Pants Options
If you're looking to add a fashionable pair (or two) of cargo pants to your maternity wardrobe, be assured that there are many retailers who offer them in a variety of styles and colors.
- Isabella Oliver Stretch Cargo Pants feature a stretchy material for comfort and cost around $120.
Warm Weather Cargo Options
If your pregnancy carries you through the summer months, you may want to opt for maternity cargo shorts or capris.
- Camo Cropped Cargo Pant: camouflage print adds a hip touch to these cropped cargo pants. $30.00
Online Shopping Tips
Shopping for maternity cargo pants online provides a great selection, but be aware of the following shopping tips:
- Review sizing information to determine the best fit.
- Choose a color that can be paired with a variety of tops for more versatility.
- Read the return policy carefully in the event you need to get a different size. Some online retailers (such as Gap) will allow you to make returns in their traditional store locations.
Of course, you may want to shop at a traditional store versus buying clothing online. With the option to try on the clothing and ask sales associates for assistance, you get a first-hand experience to ensure you like the fit and styling. Consider shopping at maternity shops like A Pea in the Pod, Motherhood Maternity, or Mimi Maternity, as well as the maternity departments of Gap, Old Navy, Target, and department stores. If you have access to a maternity clothing boutique, you may want to check there as well, but be aware that pricing is typically higher in specialty shops.
If you are looking for gently used maternity cargo pants, you may want to try searching eBay. Since a pregnancy only lasts nine months, you can be pretty well assured that most maternity clothing on the auction block is not overly worn. The exception, of course, is if the item has been worn through multiple pregnancies or passed down from pregnant friend to pregnant friend. When shopping for maternity clothing on eBay, consider the following tips:
- Always read the description carefully to understand the level of wear, age of the item, and sizing.
- Inspect the photo well to see if there are any noticeable stains or other questionable problems with the clothing.
- When in doubt, ask the seller for more information. If you have questions about sizing or the material, send an inquiry to the seller to find out more.
Happy bidding! Shopping for maternity clothing on eBay can be an affordable way to get really nice pieces for your pregnancy wardrobe.