Your moment has arrived. With a simple pregnancy test, the answer to one of the most important questions will be answered. The following inspirational quotes can serve as food for your heart as you draw encouragement and find support from other women who have experienced this journey before you.
Quotes of Affirmation
From the moment you know you are pregnant, your whole life begins to change. Your plans, outlook on life, relationships and your own being will go through healthy changes. Overcoming fear of the unknown is very common during pregnancy.
Affirming quotes that can help you find peace and serenity during this time of change include:
- I trust birth. Birth is a natural, organic and miraculous experience.
- I am doing what I can do to prepare my body for the miracle of birth.
- My baby and I are ready for the work we will do, and we are working together to bring life into our world.
- I am thankful for this powerful experience and will embrace change.
- The experience of pregnancy and birth has a profound effect on families.
Quotes About a Healthy Pregnancy
During your pregnancy, you will experience many changes physically as well as emotionally. Your changing hormones are creating emotional ups and downs. Your body is an amazing work of art as it becomes a safe, warm and loving place for your child to reside, receive nurturing and grow until birth.
Here are some quotes that can help you prepare and cope:
- There comes a moment when you feel that first flutter inside you, and you know your baby is alive and healthy.
- Prenatal care is key to putting your baby on a healthy life path.
- A positive outlook is the foundation of a healthy pregnancy.
- Take prenatal vitamins each day and help keep birth defects at bay.
- Relax and try to enjoy your pregnancy. It'll be over before you know it, and there's an amazing reward at the end.
Quotes About Giving Birth
The act of giving birth is life-changing and so enriching. Yes, contractions can be painful, but if you are relaxed and calm, you can reach into an inner harmony that can bring peace and joy as you and your baby work together to give birth.
Helpful quotes to keep in mind include:
- It takes a strong woman to give birth, but it takes an even stronger woman to be a mother.
- Giving birth takes hours; being a mother lasts a lifetime.
- Birth is where you finally get to meet the little person you're already in love with.
- Delivery is just the end of the first chapter in your child's life. The story gets more amazing as it goes.
- Love at first sight is what happens the moment the nurse puts your newborn baby in your arms.
Quotes From Others
There are a number of well-known quotes from authors and public figures that you may also find enlightening and comforting. Such quotes that can touch your heart and inspire you during your pregnancy include:
- "Making a decision to have a child, it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone
- "To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched - along with body - making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings." Anne Christian Buchanan and Debra K. Kingsporn, The Quickening Heart: A Journal for Expectant Mothers
- "Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be." Carrie Fisher
Finding More Quotes
Sources where you can find additional sayings related to pregnancy include:
- A selection of quotes by famous people are located on QuoteGarden.com. These quotes range from humorous to contemplative, as well as inspirational and motivational.
- Brainyqute.com also offers a variety of quotes from numerous authors. Many are famous such as Bill Cosby, Robert Lewis Stevenson, Yoko Ono and Queen Victoria. The topic is always related to pregnancy, but the quotes are shared in a short, story-like fashion. These quotes appear to be very personal from the authors, and can give you a peek into their minds and hearts.
Uses for Quotes
You can use pregnancy-related quotes throughout your pregnancy in several ways. You can use these quotes to motivate and inspire you, or you may create your own quotes to add to your baby book or pregnancy journal. Whether you choose to read a quote daily or whenever the mood strikes, be sure to keep the ones that speak specifically to you.
Quotes can also be added to decorations, napkins and invitations used for baby showers. Inspirational and funny quotes can be added to the baby book to mark your baby's milestones. Birth announcements are also a great place to add a quote and scrapbooking can be the ultimate quote haven with pictures and designs to match!
Look forward with great anticipation on the birth of your child. Enjoy the journey through your pregnancy, and be encouraged and inspired by the quotes of others who have taken this same journey as you!